Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Follow up to the last post.

Today, I received a response form the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church:

Dear Fr. Duenzkofer,

Thank you for your heartfelt letter and plea for reconciliation.  I continue to work toward that end, and I crave your prayers, as well as your efforts in your own context.  There is something both ancient and intensely contemporary about the division around us, and it is not beautiful or holy.  Teach, write, advocate, and challenge yourself and others to reject violent methods in word and deed.

I give thanks for your ministry, and pray that it may be a blessing to many.   I remain

Your servant in Christ,

Katharine Jefferts Schori

I am honoured to receive this answer. I do agree "this is not beautiful or holy"
And so I continue to pray for reconciliation and a willingness on both sides to make sacrifices.